Ultrasonic Testing (UT) – Welds
2 – 6 Maret 2020
NEXT SCHEDULE :
14 September, 7 Desember 2020
Venue : SLV, CILEGON
FEE : USD $ 2.563
All personnel including testers, inspectors, engineers and surveyors who require a thorough and comprehensive introduction to ultrasonic testing of welded joints.
This course is also suitable for personnel working in the aerospace industry and can be found under the Aerospace section.
- To explain the theoretical background of the techniques
- To calibrate ultrasonic equipment
- To measure the thickness of steel plates and determine levels of attenuation
- To locate and evaluate laminations
- To select the correct type of probe to examine welded butt joints in steel plate and aerospace components/structures
- To report on the location and size of defects in typical welded butt joints
- To interpret code requirements
- To meet the syllabus requirements for PCN/CSWIP Levels 1 and 2.
This direct access Level 2 training course meets the 120 hour training requirement for BS EN ISO 9712 certification.
Level 1 training and examination can be catered for within the Level 2 course if required, contact the test centre for details.
Price listed is for direct access Level 2 and includes examination and levy fees. For Level 1 options, please contact the test centre.
All candidates attending a PCN examination (initial, retest or renewal) must provide photo ID (e.g Driving licence number, Passport number, PCN ID Card) on the day of sitting the examination. Failure to do so will result in the candidate being turned away.
No mandatory course entry requirements.
The minimum required duration of training, which includes both theoretical and practical elements, is:
- Level 1 – 40 hours
- Level 2 – 80 hours (Direct Level 2: 120 hours)
The training hours requirement is fulfilled when candidates attend one of TWI’s training courses.
The minimum duration for experience prior to or following success in the qualification examination is:
- Level 1 – 3 months
- Level 2 – 9 months (Direct Level 2: 12 months)
Certification will not be issued until successful completion of the examination and the required experience is achieved.