Levels 2/3 Module 3
This course is ideal for you as a plant engineer, non-destructive testing engineer, materials and corrosion engineer, or plant inspector responsible for managing the integrity of ageing process equipment, pipelines, boilers and storage tanks.
It is recommended that attendees have a knowledge of either the inspection, design, fabrication, operation or maintenance of process equipment and piping, as well as some knowledge of the most common pressure equipment design codes/standards.
What will I learn?
You will learn about Risk Based Inspection (RBI) in accordance with API BRD 581, API RP 580, and the reasons for implementing RBI. The course will also cover the benefits and practical implementation of RBI and planning successful RBI implementation projects.
You will also learn about practical likelihood and consequence analysis, preparing inspection plans and optimising maintenance and inspection intervals, implementing risk mitigation actions, and an overview of other procedures (e.g. RIMAP, ASME, etc) and related API documents (API 510, API 570 and API Std 653).
What will I leave with?
- Confidently explain the differences between Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 RBI assessments
- Understand the reasons for and benefits of implementing RBI
- Undertake rapid practical RBI implementation
- Plan successful RBI projects
- Prepare risk-based inspection plans and optimise maintenance and inspection intervals
- Recommend suitable risk mitigation actions
What else should I know?
- If booking on a course and examination package, candidates are required to submit a CV so that their eligibility to take the examination is assessed.
- The course fee does not include a copy of the associated API or ASME documents.
- A comprehensive set of course notes will be provided to the attendees.UK candidates – if you wish to take the examination, a fee of £282.00 + VAT in addition to the course fee shown above will be charged.